"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
- Mark Twain

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Where to begin

I know there is so much to do before I go, but I have no idea where to begin. The big things are taken care of, and now it seems to be a lot of waiting until I will be able to take other steps. Yesterday I was going through my closet and suddenly hit me that I have to pack up my stuff and fit it into 2 suitcases to move to Europe. Oh my god that is insane. Where do I even begin?

I'm going to have to be very selective about the clothes I take. And take a minimum of items. Apparently professional clothing is very expensive in Albania and children books/teaching resources are hard to come by. I expect I will be filling my suitcases mostly with those two items. 

Then there is the concern of luggage. I have none. unless you count a small pink duffel bag. I started looking for nice luggage online, but someone told me I shouldn't waste my money on nice luggage. I just need it to be good enough to get me there and back, because I'll be using a backpack the rest of the time. One of my friends moved to Taiwan and he said it's best to buy luggage used and save the money for start up costs.

As far as expenses I know I will be getting a furnished apartment, but I will still need items such as sheets, pots/pans, towels, cleaning supplies. 

And these are the thoughts that occupy my mind when I'm trying to sleep at night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment