"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
- Mark Twain

Thursday, July 12, 2012

6 Weeks out

6 weeks  from today I will be sitting in Chicago waiting to board my flight :) 4.5weeks left in the cities and it is finally really starting to set in that I'm moving to another country. Tonight I started packing. I have already filled the larger of my two suitcases, and all I've packed is winter clothes. So glad I have some of those air-vac bags coming to help me a little, but I may need to weed it out a bit. I CAN DO THIS! Quite honestly, putting my whole life into 2 suitcases and a carry on is the scariest part I think. (how am I going to pack my shoes! I need to buy new shoes...ones that will match any outfit.)

I tried to start learning some Albanian words. I can say good morning, good afternoon, good evening, good night, how are you, yes, no, please,  and thank you. I should know more, but I get lazy, and it is really hard!

I also had quite the freakout when my parents were here last weekend. As I was showing my parents the Rocketship park (where we take the kids sometimes) my mother asked me if I ever thought about the fact that I may never live in the Twin Cities again. I gave her a sort of blank stare, threw up a little in my mouth, said no, and continued walking. To be honest this really scares me. I love the cites and consider them home, but I don't know if I'll be coming back. I went running with a friend the other night and he told me I need to make an official Twin Cities bucket list. Here goes:
1. Try Juicy Lucy's from both the five-eight club and Matt's Bar. (compare)
2. Go to a Twin's Game
3. Gay 90's
4. 3 more trips to the Republic
5. Eggs Benedict from Al's
6. 3 more trips to Legends for Bloodies
7. 4 more trips to The Roe Family Singers
8. Ribs and Blues at Shaws
9. Grand Ole Creamery
10. Vegas Lounge for Karaoke
11. Winery

I also started thinking about regrets this week. I have a few, but here is what I've realized: If I could go back in time and change anything I wouldn't. Because it has all got me to this point. This point of being 6 weeks away from living in Albania. Incredible!

1 comment: