"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
- Mark Twain

Friday, August 3, 2012

3 weeks out

3 weeks from now I will officially be in Tirana!

Wow! What a week it has been indeed. I've accomplished several things on my bucket list, and will complete a ton more in the week to come. I went on a fantastic hiking trip up north last weekend, which was great to take my mind off things.


Tuesday night I went to a Twins game at target field with my co-worker. We had great seats and were able to watch the moon rise behind the skyline. I made it out for several bloodies, and went to get ribs and listen to blues last night. I've been continually making it to the Roe Family Singers as well! I tried both forms of Juicy Lucys and have come to the conclusion that's Matt's bar has the better one :D


Today was my last day of work and I have to say it was a rough one. I don't think many of the kids understood that I won't be there ever again, but the one who did would not let me out of his sight for a second. I ended up sobbing for the first 10 minutes of my drive to work. I'm going to miss working with these kids so much. But I'm sure I will get to work with many more fantastic kids along the way.


On Monday I went shopping for a money belt and luggage locks. I had a little mini breakdown in the store realizing that I had no idea what I was doing, but I just made the best informed purchases I could and left. Packing has been insanely disorganized. Clothes have been thrown into space saving bags, and socks have been smushed inside of shoes. All in all I'm feeling like my packing for Albania is getting nearly done, but my packing to move my crap back home is not going well. My room is a mess, which isn't helping me stay any less stressed. It's also becoming really hard to prepare not only for my journey to Albania but my vacation time in Wisconsin. I just don't know what actually needs to go into my carry-on. Frustrated! I'm still trying to figure out my banking/phone stuff for while I'm there, but I'm trying not to worry about it too much. I'm sure the school has had enough experience in this area.

I'm still working on selling my car, but have a guy coming to look at it tomorrow morning. Hopefully that works out and I can be done with it! I'm also getting the tattoo, that I've been wanting for a year, done tomorrow night! super excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment