"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
- Mark Twain

Monday, September 3, 2012

My apartment

So I moved into my apartment last Monday (august 27th) and since then have been working on trying to set it up and make it home. I’m not sure I’m going to stay here, but I signed a contract for 3 months. The hope is that I can move to a place that is off of a main (and loud) plaza, and that is also a bit closer to the other teachers.

Living room: Love my crazy rug, but want to get rid of my TV. There is absolutely no need for my to watch TV. My first month of cable was free, which was nice since I don’t have internet, but there are so many other things for me to be doing, that TV should come absolutely last. The couch is hard. Therefore if you come to visit I’d recommend bringing an air mattress (if I’m still here when you come.)

Kitchen/dining room: What where is my refrigerator. Oh….it’s in the hallway.  This is the only real complaint about this room. It’s big enough for the minimal cooking and eating I do here.

Bathroom: My favorite part of the bathroom is my “foot washer.” I think it is suppose to be like a second toilet, but I just use it to wash my feet every night. Tirana is a very dusty/dirty city and I just can’t get into my bed without doing it. Also, I wish I had some drawers in here. Washer to be added soon (behind door.)


Bedroom: Holy Purple! Never will I paint a room purple again. Love the organization with all the drawers and closet space, but I really hate the color. It is just not me at all. But I’ll live. 


Others: I have 2 wonderful balconies, and yet I haven’t used them as much as I should be. Mostly because the restaurant across the way plays terrible Albanian and American pop music all day and night, and if I’m inside I’m at least able to slightly drown it out. The first night it was so bad that I didn’t sleep until the music had died out. Then I got a fan and it hasn’t been a problem since.

There you have it! My very first place that is all my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment